Welcome to MEABF.org
MEABF is a defined benefit, single employer benefit plan that was established in 1921 by
an act of the Illinois General Assembly to provide disability and retirement benefits to
qualified employees of the City of Chicago and the Chicago Board of Education. Our sole
purpose is to pay earned benefits to our members, which is funded by a combination of
member contributions, taxes levied by the City of Chicago, and investment earnings from
Plan reserves. MEABF is a component unit of the City of Chicago, and as such, is
included in the City of Chicago's financial statements as a pension trust fund.
We take care of the people who take care of Chicago.
June 10, 2014
Public Act 98-0641 (formerly Senate Bill 1922)Public Act 98-0641, signed into law by Governor Quinn on June 9, 2014, effects changes to annual increases in annuity for retired members as well as contributions to the Fund by active members.
If you are receiving an annuity from the Fund, correspondence regarding annual increases in annuity can be found here.
If you are contributing to the Fund, correspondence regarding changes in contributions can be found here.
An overview of the legislation can be found here.
May 16, 2014
2013 Contribution Statements - Annual MailingThe MEABF is mailing annual statements of pension contributions as of 12/31/2013. This statement reflects the data we have on file. Your retirement contributions have been categorized to reflect the amount you have contributed towards your retirement annuity, your cost of living increase and a widow's annuity. If you have questions regarding the information contained in this statement, please contact the Fund at 312-236-4700.
You may update personal information, including updated beneficiary information, by visiting the FORMS section of the website, downloading the appropriate forms and mailing them to the Fund with updated information.
April 23, 2014
MEABF Presents the 2013 Actuarial ReportThe MEABF of Chicago presents the 2013 Actuarial Report for review. Please click here to access it.
April 8, 2014
RECENT MAILING (PENSION VERIFICATION FORMS 2014)
- This form is to ensure the benefits are still being paid to the intended recipients
- The form must be SIGNED and NOTARIZED by the individuals whose name appears on the top of the form
- If you are the representative or agent for our member and your name is not on the form, please contact our office during business hours (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- You are welcome to come to the office to fill out the form, but please be aware the building is a secured building and you MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT. Please call the front desk at (312) 236-4700 to schedule a visit.
- The forms cannot be faxed or emailed; the original must be received in the office.