Welcome to MEABF.org
MEABF is a defined benefit, single employer benefit plan that was established in 1921 by
an act of the Illinois General Assembly to provide disability and retirement benefits to
qualified employees of the City of Chicago and the Chicago Board of Education. Our sole
purpose is to pay earned benefits to our members, which is funded by a combination of
member contributions, taxes levied by the City of Chicago, and investment earnings from
Plan reserves. MEABF is a component unit of the City of Chicago, and as such, is
included in the City of Chicago's financial statements as a pension trust fund.
We take care of the people who take care of Chicago.
April 23, 2014
MEABF Presents the 2013 Actuarial ReportThe MEABF of Chicago presents the 2013 Actuarial Report for review. Please click here to access it.
April 10, 2014
Senate Bill 1922Attached please find a summary of Senate Bill 1922. Please note, that the Fund is the administrator of the pension code regarding municipal workers of the City of Chicago and the Chicago Board of Education. As an administrator, we do not participate in any proposed changes to the law made by the Plan Sponsor or collective bargaining units.
April 8, 2014
RECENT MAILING (PENSION VERIFICATION FORMS 2014)
- This form is to ensure the benefits are still being paid to the intended recipients
- The form must be SIGNED and NOTARIZED by the individuals whose name appears on the top of the form
- If you are the representative or agent for our member and your name is not on the form, please contact our office during business hours (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- You are welcome to come to the office to fill out the form, but please be aware the building is a secured building and you MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT. Please call the front desk at (312) 236-4700 to schedule a visit.
- The forms cannot be faxed or emailed; the original must be received in the office.
March 28, 2014
New Tier 2 Benefits SummaryThe MEABF presents information regarding Tier 2 pension benefits. Our Tier 2 Benefits Summary is available while we complete our Tier 2 Membership Booklet - which will be available in coming weeks. A comparison of Tier 1 and Tier 2 benefits is available here.